Most of the shops don’t pay much heed to clean a coffee grinder or an espresso machine.
But the truth is that it only takes less than 15 minutes to get it cleaned and not only improves the service life of the machine but also the taste of coffee served.
So, here is a step by step guide to help you clean your espresso machine without any hassle.
Step 1 – Starting by cleaning the espresso machine
To get a machine cleaned, you must take a lint free piece of cloth dipped in hot water, which can be used to clean the steam wands. Points to remember:
- To remove stains and stickiness from the wands
- Must not use sharp tools to scrape the surface off as it may lead to patches
- A wand can be easily unscrewed and washed separately in case of threading
- A thin wire can be used to get the inside of the tip cleaned
- Use commercial espresso machine cleaning fluid that can make your espresso machine brand new. Just a few drops and leave the parts of machine soaked overnight.
Step 2 – Cleaning of a basket
Filter basket can be cleaned by removing it from the machine using a screwdriver and then placing it under running water or tap.
One can also use soap to clean it thoroughly or cleaning fluid.
Step 3 – Cleaning with the help of fluids or tablets
Proceeding to our next step, the addition of commercial espresso machine cleaning fluid, exactly half teaspoon full inside a blind filter can get your machine cleaned.
- This should be followed by locking up of group handle and manually override button to flush out remaining water from the group head. This will let the cleaner begin washing the machine from within without descaling it.
- All this while one must not turn on the water or else the solenoid of the machine may burn.
- Just switch and hold the override button for 3 to 5 seconds and then turn it off.
Step 4 – Going through shower heads
The shower heads, located inside the group head is held by screws and brass plates.
- Scouring pads can be used to scrub the screen and plates, and then add them to the bucket of a solution prepared earlier.
- Dain the drip tray by pulling them out
- Clean the drip tray and gratings
- Return them to their place before they get 100% dry
- After placing each and every part back to their place you can use a paper towel to soak moisture left.
A thorough cleaning of your espresso machine can make it work and look fine.
You just have to follow the steps accordingly and you will see that it will do great for your business in the long run.